Health & Safety is a top priority for PSN. We deliver each project using our safe system of work ensuring the required health and safety standards are met. We meet all the requirements of CDM 2015 as a Principal Contractor and Contractor.
PSN hold all relevant health and safety accreditations. We are CHAS approved (our industry’s recognised Health and Safety accreditation), a member of Constructionline, PDA, safecontractor approved, NICEIC registered, and we have CSCS registered tradesmen. This means that tradesmen have achieved the industry standard in Health and Safety. We have an external health and safety advisor who carries out independent audits on our procedures.
PSN starts training employees from day one at company induction and we have ongoing training programmes for all our operatives to keep them up to date with health and safety legislation. Training is given regularly via specific training days, toolbox talks that are carried out on site and annual company training days.
Risk assessments and method statements are completed for every project to identify potential hazards and we have DBS checked tradesmen.
In order to manage Health and Safety effectively we ensure the following activities are completed and monitored on each job:
- Risk assessments are carried out for all work involving significant risk and to ensure that control measures are in place to protect all site personnel and any other person affected. These are communicated to operatives via site inductions.
- Site safety is planned and adequate signage is used. A health and safety plan and project method statements are put together and supervisors ensure they are followed.
- All operative wear required PPE for each job.
- Close supervision including planned and unplanned inspections
- Regular checks of plant and equipment to ensure equipment provided is correctly and properly used and maintained in good working order.
- Relevant toolbox talks are read through.
- COSHH assessments are completed and communicated to operatives
- Operatives are appropriately trained for tasks in order to prevent any accidents or near misses.
PSN use our cycle of improvement to continually improve our systems and processes.