PSN ensure that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services, always giving appropriate consideration for the environment in the services we provide.
Examples of our dedication to the environment and sustainability include:
- Abide by our Environmental Policy that ensures we comply with all environmental legislation and other requirements. We strive to integrate environmental best practice into our business operations and provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy, corresponding to their role.
- Planning of work to minimise the unnecessary generation of waste. Where waste cannot be avoided, it is recycled and where waste cannot be recycled, it is disposed of responsibly.
- Reduce our carbon footprint by planning business mileage using GPS and vehicle tracking. We minimise the requirement to drive for work by using alternative working methods such as van share, book accommodations if a job requires a lot of travelling. On large projects waste is collected from site to reduce the number of journeys to dispose of waste. We ensure that vehicles are regularly maintained in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions so not to cause harm to the environment.
- Purchase all materials locally to the place of work. On large projects, items are bought in bulk to benefit from economies of scale.
- Encourage customers to use the most environmentally-friendly paints.
- Use energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long-term sustainability of consumable items.
- Invest in the local community through various community projects and employment opportunities including apprentices.
- Provide a Budgeted Planned Maintenance Option (BPM) to increase the longevity of painting work.
- PSN strive to continually improve systems and processes for improved efficiency and sustainability.